Our Christian education program strives to meet the needs of the children and adults who wish to gain a deeper understanding of who God is and what it means to have a personal relationship with Him through Jesus Christ. We offer classes for children 3 years of age through grade nine at which point youth affirm their Baptism through the Rite of Confirmation. Preparation for Confirmation is a two-year program is for 8th and 9th graders. After Confirmation, we continue to provide spiritual nurture to our youth through our Youth Programs.
For adults, we offer regular Bible studies on Sunday morning. We offer both traditional Bible Studies, Manuscript Bible Studies, and Topical Bible Studies.
Currently, we have over 60 people enrolled in our Sunday school program. We have a ratio of 1 teacher for every 10 children who volunteer their time on a weekly basis. Our regular Sunday school year starts out in the month of September (the 1st Sunday after Labor Day). During the Summer months we hold “Summer Sunday School.” After the Children’s Sermon the children will follow Pastor Josh to explore Jesus’ parables with the curriculum Tell me the Stories of Jesus.
Vacation Bible School, a lively program that includes drama, music, story telling, crafts, and games is an experiential exploration of the Christian faith and practice. Last year’s Vacation Bible School – Miraculous Mission – was held July 28th – August 1st . The children had fun as we went into the heavens and embarked on a Miraculous Mission alongside Christ and discovered how he saves the world.
Here is a partial list of activities that you can look forward to seeing throughout the course of the Sunday school year:
- Rally Day – the first Sunday after Labor Day we kick off the start of the new Sunday school year with a fun program and we have installation of Sunday school teachers during worship
- Bible Sunday – the second Sunday after Labor Day we present Bibles to the 3rd grade students during the worship service
- Christmas Pageant – usually the second Sunday in December during the worship service
- Easter egg hunt – held during the Sunday school hour on Easter morning
- Confirmation Sunday
- Year-end attendance ceremony – held during worship service in June.
- Honor our Graduates – on Father’s Day
- Youth Group meetings and activities.
Our Confirmation program is a two year program and uses a variety of curricula and utilizes field trips and retreats to provide the comprehensive experience possible that will result in more than mere knowledge about the Christian Faith but an actual encounter with the living God. The curricula used is Affirming Faith which is then supported with the mentoring program Making Disciples.